Part of a series about the Stellar Alliance.
Note: These rules are a work in progress.
These rules supplement those in Quantum Rules and Warp Ships.
Ship Weapon Systems
Except for Exo-Beam weapons, only half a ship’s conventional weapons (rounded up) can fire at any one target.
|HP||Heavy Particle Beam||5+||Super-Heavy|
Ships of the Stellar Alliance
See Ship Classes for descriptions.
- Role, model, or class of ship.
- Maximum jump distance, if any.
- Maximum warp factor, if any.
- Rough size class, where I indicates a shuttle-sized craft, II indicates an average system or Jump craft, III indicates a typical capital ship, IV indicates a large warship or station, and V indicates an orbital station or improbably large ship.
- Strength of hull.
- Agility modifier.
- Standard crew complement.
- Passengers (Psg)
- Maximum number of passengers on the ship.
- Exo-Beams (EB)
- Number of Exo-Beam arrays.
- Missile Launchers (ML)
- Maximum number of warp missiles a ship can launch in a turn.
- Missile Depletion (MD)
- Depletion dice for a ship’s supply of missiles. After every missile, roll the indicated number of dice; if they read all 1s, that was the last missile.
- Other Weapons
- Ship’s weapons by number and code, listed above.
|Defender||1||II||Armored||+2||5-8||6||4xPP, 2xML (MD:2D6)|
|Tug towing ship||-1|
Private Jump Ships
Mostly found on the frontier, along old trade routes, or in the hands of private collectors.
|Patrol Cruiser||3||II||Armored||+1||24||162||4xPP, 3xLL|
Commercial Warp Ships
|Free Trader||8||II||Unarmored||+2||5||4||1||1D||1xPP, 2xLL, GV|
|Freighter, Sm.||8||II||Unarmored||+0||10||30||1||1D||1xPP, 2xLL, GV|
|Freighter, Std.||8||III||Unarmored||+0||20||50||1||1D||2xPP, 4xLL, GV|
|Tug, Warp||8||III||Unarmored||-1||5||0||4xLL, GV|
|- with ballast||+1|
Alliance Exploration Warp Ships
Alliance Peacekeeping Warp Ships
|Cruiser, Battle||10||III||Heavily Armored||+0||300||50||8||2||3D||GV|
Ships of Other Powers
General guidelines for other powers.
Many governments have warp drives by now.
- Some civilizations like the Confederation have only Warp 0 or 1 and use hyperdrives or jump drives to travel between stars.
Nobody less advanced than the Alliance has Exo-Beams.
Less advanced ships that fight the Alliance have to use Warp Missiles. Nothing else works.
Only a few known civilizations are more advanced than the Alliance:
- Uncategorized entities from the Magellanic Clouds3, of whom the Alliance have recovered only wreckage and a few survivors.
- The Transhuman Commonwealth, who seem to dislike open conflict.
- The mysterious “Outer Ones” who seem to prefer using others as their catspaws.
- The Dominion of the First who may have weirder or stronger weapons than the Alliance but seem loath to use them.
- The entities of the Ylem who seem more interested in “researching”, or possibly just annoying, three-dimensional beings.
Algolian fleets protect their Colony Ships to the death, as that’s where most of their population live. Colony Ships use archaic lasers and rail guns; Raiders use particle weapons.
|Algolian Colony Ship||6||IV||Armored||+0||5000+||2||3D||4xRG, 64xLL|
|Algolian Free Trader||8||II||Unarmored||+2||8-20||2||3D||4xPP|
Draconian ships drop out of warp to engage “soft” targets, then re-engage Warp 0 to escape or battle reinforcements.
|“Dragon” Cruiser||8||III||Heavily Armored||+0||300||2||3D||8xPP, 8xLL|
|“Wyrm” Destroyer||8||II||Armored||+1||30||2||3D||1xPP, 6xPP|
|“Wyvern” Torpedo Boat||8||II||Armored||+1||20||4||3D||4xPP, 2xPP|
Note: Names are Terran nicknames, not Draconian.
Includes Cetani, Jhi, Qutani “Empire”, Tsi, Xetani Raiders.
Gray Saucers are a holdover from their old Jump ships, although most have been retrofitted with Warp drives.
Motherships are large ellipsoidal craft capable of carrying multiple saucers of varying sizes. Originally they used massive Jump drives, but now use Warp
The “Spheroid” is an attempt by the Qutani “Empire” to build a modern Warp Ship from scratch. The result is … unique.
|Saucer, Small||1||1||I||Unarmored||+2||2||2||0||GV, 1xLL|
|Saucer, Medium||2||1||II||Armored||+2||10||5||0||GV, 2xLL|
|Saucer, Large||3||1||III||Armored||+2||25||10||0||GV, 1xPP|
|Mothership, Jump||6||1||IV||Heavily Armored||+0||300||100||0||GV, 4xPP|
|Mothership, Warp||-||8||IV||Heavily Armored||+0||300||100||2||3D||GV, 2xPP, 1xHP, 12xLL|
The Kante seem to have only five sizes of ships.
|Dreadnought||6||1||IV||Heavily Armored||+0||300||2||3D||1xHP, 4xPP, 8xLL|
|Std. Warship||6||1||III||Armored||+0||300||2||3D||4xPP, 8xLL|
|Support Ship||4||1||II||Armored||+1||50||2||3D||2xPP, 6xLL|
The other major powers in Confederation Space have a number of ship designs, but all break down into the following four categories:
- Aging Confederation patrol cruisers used by various governments.
- Confederation Free Traders, usually with newer technology.
- Republic Warships, built with more armor and newer technology.
- Small Transhuman Commonwealth ships used as free traders and scout ships.
|Commmonwealth Scout||-||10||II||Armored||+2||6||0||2xEB, GV|
|Confederation Cruiser||4||-||III||Armored||-1||100||2||3D||2xPP, 6xLL|
|Republic Warship||4||1||III||Heavily Armored||-1||300||2||3D||4xPP, 8xLL|
Other Ships of Alliance Space
More ships may be provided in future updates, including:
- Kingdom of Eld
- Eld Mothership (V)
- Yan Torpedo Boat (II)
- Yan Merchant Ship (II)
- Parvanian Theocracy
- Book of Truth (a.k.a. “Foot of Doors”, “Wedge of Issues”) (II)
- Hand of Mercy (II)
- Sword of Justice (III)
- Colony Ship (IV)
- Patrol Ship (II)
- Scout Ship (III)
- Yozarian Plutocracy
- Skiff (I)
- Sloop (II)
- Galleon (III)
- Dominion of the First
- City Ship (VIII?)
- Flight Harness (0/I)
- Palace (IV)
- Palanquin (II)
- Ylem Wraiths
- Travel Sphere (0)
- Battle Sphere (0)
A Fighter chassis without FTL warp generators or weapons. ↩︎
A complement of marines. ↩︎
That they arrived from another galaxy suggests mastery of transwarp or some equally incomprehensible travel method. So far the survivors or their wreckage have not demonstrated other hallmarks of superior technology. ↩︎